Powered By Blogger

Friday, July 26, 2013

Yes, my son drools...now get over yourself!

To be fair to myself later when I come back to read this I will state that the events and my feelings on them happened within the last 2 hours. I KNOW that I'm still angry and so my attitude is not the best. However, I do believe my thoughts on this are right.

My children and I are at Burger King's indoor playground. One of Daniel's favorite play places since he can do almost everything there without much risk of falling or getting hurt. I'm ordering and start to walk away when a woman comes up with her two children. I see her waiting for me to walk off so I do but I can still hear her comments. She is offended to the point of rudeness about my son's drooling in the play area. My two year old son that has low tone, no cold or sickness right now, and really can't help it. She is ugly about it and storms out with her children.

Oh, to tell you the ugly thoughts and conversations I had with this woman in my head would probably shock you. I didn't remain silent out of fear but because my other children were there and I didn't want them to hear the things I probably would have said. I was not prepared to handle this in a way that would have shown this woman's ugliness without also exposing mine. Next time though....I will be prepared. My children got an unexpected lesson on social graces, caring for others and putting aside our own comfort. Hopefully, they get it when they are older. I don't expect children to understand that a child can't help certain things but I do expect an adult to. I'm guessing that this woman, by her actions, would prefer I keep my child at home. I pretty much think this woman should stay home until she can learn some manners, compassion and class.

Like I said I'm still angry by her comments. The upside...we met a sweet young lady playing that asked me if she could be Daniel's friend :) Now that young lady was a blessing indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment