Powered By Blogger

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Sasha and Aubree

There is a girl who has Sasha's condition waiting. She is in Ukraine and she has waited a long time for a family. I have no idea why noone has come for her. The head of the facilitation team has met her. He has personally advocated for her and yet she still waits.  She has almost 6,000 dollars in funds to help bring her home. Those that have met her say she is a sweet girl and would do well in a family and yet she waits and waits. Why?

I don't know the girl I'm talking about personally. Her name is Aubree. But every time I hear of her I picture my Sasha. My Sasha was overlooked and left behind for 5 years from the time someone started to advocate for her. For 5 years someone tried to find her a family. For 5 years she sat and sat and did almost nothing. Nothing to help her condition, nothing to help her socially, nothing to help her inellectually, literally she did almost nothing...but sit. Sit in a chair. My Sasha is starting to bloom. She is like a flower that was left in the dark and now is in the sun. To watch this is a blessing indeed. I've never seen any of my children have such a personality turn around. Sasha was attracted to darkness when we met her. She liked dark things, colors, blandness, even herself. She wanted to fade into the background, nothing pretty or frilly or bright. That is all changing....she is blooming!

But Aubree isn't. Aubree is being passed over and left behind. It is really not a matter of when will her family come. It is WILL her family come? I think of this all the time when I think my family is complete. I think of all of the children left behind who will never, did I say NEVER, have a family. They have no hope, no future. Nothing but the streets or an institution to live their life in.

Is it because of money? Is there a price for a life? I know Jesus paid the price for mine.

Is it because these children take time? Can't argue that one but I still manage to have plenty of time that I waste doing things that aren't eternal.

Is it the work, doctors visits, fear? We are very busy, spend lots of time with doctors and I don't know what there is to fear.

But my Sasha.....she is worth it. Without a second of doubt or regret I would do it all again. It has been quite the journey and I am learning so much from her. She is at times helpless and yet she trusts us. She loves her sister Patience who is the best helper anyone could ever want. She and my son Abe have this special relationship that brings out the best in him and shows me his tender heart. Sasha has given us much more then we have given her.

Aubree....is there a family for her? If not WHY?

Aubree

Girl, born Aug. 1999
Diagnoses: arthrogryposis; mental delay

Aubree is very active, easy-going, and friendly. Currently, she lives in a special school-orphanage.

From one of our adoptive families who visited with her in August 2012:   She truly is a ray of sunshine!   She comes out to greet us in her wheelchair (she has good upper body strength, her legs are fixed straight out in front of her and are tiny.   She doesn’t appear to have AMC in her upper limbs at all.   She is extremely friendly and happy, she enjoys singing and dances in her wheelchair. She can also use her upper body strength to scoot around the floor. I am so excited that she is available because I know she will be a wonderful daughter if just given a chance.   This girl just exudes love and happiness!   The orphanage does provide the children with an education, and even music instruction.  We were able to see Aubree perform in a concert that the children gave for their visitors (they have help from humanitarian groups that come in to work on the building and work with the children).  If anyone asks about her, I would love to talk with them more about the orphanage and the children there.   They have my heart!

*** ADDITIONAL $3000 GRANT AVAILABLE FOR AUBREE’S ADOPTION ***
$2698.37 is available towards the cost of my adoption!

2 comments:

  1. She is beautiful! Praying her family finds her very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying that God will raise up more laborers to gather the harvest! Love your heart Sherrie! May God bring hope to Aubree soon!

    ReplyDelete