Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Home again Home again jiggity jog

We are done! Not done adopting, well maybe. But done traveling ...for now!! Judah is home. Sasha is home and we are now becoming a family. I tried and tried to post in Ukraine but never could figure out how to get it. And when I tried the words came up in Russian so I gave up. I have meant to post every night but have fallen hard into bed around nine and that's been a late night. Today I feel the jetlag beginning to leave and hopefully my day/night clock is getting reset to time here at home.

So what you really want to know is how is Sasha doing. Honestly better then I expected. Perhaps we are in the honeymoon stage. I've never really had a child that honeymooned. Pretty much they were day one the way they really were. I'm hoping that is the case with Sasha also. Now I know she is a girl and a teenager so I'm expecting drama and moodiness. But every day she seems to do better and better with all the changes in her life.

She is super affectionate. I'm thinking she has a huge hole that was never filled so we are having to shovel in abundant amounts of affection. Enoch was like that to when he came and now I have to threaten him for a hug so I'll take it while I can get it.

The hardest thing so far...no surprise...well maybe a little ... is Patience. She is Struggling!!!!!! It's actually pretty hard to watch since she is really a pretty amazingly caring girl. But she goes from "oh I'm so excited to play with this person" to " I'm so done with her can she leave now" . So prayers for that situation would be much appreciated.

Pictures......Sasha HATES to have her picture taken!!! Even more then Enoch...or maybe the same. So pictures are few. I do have a few on my IPAD that I will get transfered and post. I have no idea what my blogging will look like. It's been pretty sad the past two months so I figure it can't get much worse :) And thanks to my wonderful friend and travel companion Laurie I found a new addiction for the brief time that I have to be on the computer....Pinterest!! But in my defense I have actually already cooked one of the recipes and done one of the kids crafts in the 5 days I've been home. It was Sasha's first craft with us and I'm quite impressed with how well she was able to participate. Off to see what is happening with all my kids. Since I started typing this my house has gotten scarily quiet... never a good sign.


2 comments:

  1. So happy for you guys that you are all home again! Yay! Can't wait to talk to you more and catch up. Hopefully it gets easier for Patience soon. I am sure it is hard. But, my bio kids don't always want to be around each other either so it may be her new norm! We will see what it is like when our newest gets home I guess. Max definately had a honeymoon period! :) Oh well, then you know they are comfortable when it is over I guess. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy that you are home! I will be praying for Patience, I'm sure she and Sasha will be good friends in no time.

    ReplyDelete