Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

On the road again...cast 11

We are back in Philadelphia. After two crazy weeks at home. We had our house sprayed and then cooked...supposedly the cooking is 100 percent effective at killing those nasty bed bugs...however....just in case....We bought every preventative measure we could think of to keep them out of our beds and lives. We also....I kid you not....traveled with all our clothes in black garbage bags....yep right through the front door of the Marriot we stayed at. Checked the room out like crazy and only opened the bags to change clothes....clothes that came straight from my dryer into the bags. I was looking at all the other people checking in with their cute luggage wondering why us...oh well there are worse things to deal with. In case your wondering we used the bags to not only protect ourselves but also to make sure we weren't carrying any with us either. We are not officially considered bug free until we go at least three weeks with none showing up in the traps. Theoretically even after that we could still have one pregnant female have escaped and the whole process would start over again....sooo...I signed a contract with my local pest control to come out every other month.....dust my house with a mix of cancer causing toxins that have a long life bed bug killing capacity.....and hopefully one day relax a bit over my recent bed bug paranoia. I know way more about bed bugs then anyone should ever know.

Sasha went for cast 11 on Monday and she is now in short casts...yippee! Her earlier casts came up about mid thigh. These are a little below her knees. Her feet are where her doctor wants them to be and now he is working on her ankles. So we will be hanging out here the next few weeks. I must admit after the over the top stress I had at home it's nice to have some down time.


No comments:

Post a Comment