Powered By Blogger

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Don't count your chickens ....


So we were done with our paperwork but ....Ukraine changed their adoption authority...effective November 15th...so all our paperwork that names the old adoption authority have to be redone. Including the paperwork we have already sent over to Ukraine. Which cost almost 100.00 just to mail it plus 5.00 per document that was apostilled :(

I so so so want to grumble about this (okay I just did I guess) but here is another picture of my boy that is waiting for me and has spent 6 years of his life in an orphanage because that is what God had for him. So tonight when I sleep in my cozy bed in my cozy house with my wonderful family after having to redo a little paperwork and pay a little money all I need to say to my God who is in control of all of this is THANK YOU. Thank you God that I get to do something to help bring Judah home. Thank you God that you are letting me be a part of saving this little boy. Here on earth and eternally. And Thank you God that you gave your son for me. The comparison isn't even close. God gave all. I'm giving a very small amount of time and money. Puts it all in perspective don't you think?

5 comments:

  1. Sorry Sherrie, but I am totally grumbling. I just sent the first part of my dossier too, and it's still in transit. Sigh. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay... not grumbling as much, as I just read the e-mail literally a minute before I posted that... I hate losing money, but I hate that my son is in an orphanage even more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know these are the things that are hard to remember to be thankful in all circumstances. That Truth came to me from the Holy Spirit. I keep praying of course and keeping my focus on what God has done for me. It has totally taken the aaaaaggghhh out of this :0 Thank you Jesus because I can be the biggest of the grumblers...I would say just ask my kids...but don't because they will say yes:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree again. When the process gets tough and I get down I quickly remember what the child we are adopting is dealing with a realize a little paper work is nothing in comparison. They are so worth it and you do whatever it takes. Adoption isn't easy but so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are in the same boat, we will get to them eventually, all in the Lords timing.

    ReplyDelete